Bathrooms are usually the smallest parts of the house. However, this does not mean that they have to be congested or neglected. Bathroom vanities help to make the room look classy while providing the much-needed space for storage and organization. The market does not fall short of types of bathroom vanities. From small bathroom vanities to large ones, the choice is yours. In this article, we look at elements to consider when choosing the best bathroom vanity.
Choosing the best bathroom vanity
Single Vs. Double
There are two types of bathroom vanities in the market. They are single and double vanities. Single bathroom vanities are those that have one sink basin while the double has two. When determining the best choice between the two, you have to consider the following factors;
- Mounting method– single and double bathroom vanities cannot be mounted in the same way. Single bathroom vanities are generally compatible with all types of mounting. However, double bathroom vanities are only compatible with wall-mounted and freestanding mounting styles.
- Space– the amount of space that is available in your home will also determine the type of vanity that you decide to install. Naturally, a single vanity takes up less space than the latter.
- Cost– the cost of installing and purchasing a single vanity is less than that of a double vanity. The reason for this is that the amount of material and the amount of work it takes to install the vanity.
There are three methods of mounting bathroom vanities. They are;
- Freestanding- this is where the vanity is secured on the wall as the legs rest on the flow. This method allows for stability. It also leaves room for storage as cabinets can be constructed underneath the sinks. Freestanding vanities are the most common in the market.
- Floating– floating types are also referred to as wall-mounted. They are those that are mounted on the wall and do not come into direct contact with the floor. They are ideal for small bathrooms as the space beneath the sink creates the illusion of a large bathroom.
- Corner– this mounting style is where the vanity is installed in the corners of the bathroom. It allows for more storage space.
The choice you make between the three mounting styles depends on the type of vanity you chose. It also depends on the available space in your bathroom and the aesthetic value that you are looking to achieve. The location of your bathroom plumbing will also influence the choice you make.
When choosing the best bathroom vanity for your house, you also have to consider the materials. In this case, you have to select the countertop and cabinet materials separately. The most common types of countertop materials are ceramic, marble, stone, and glass. On the other hand, the most common materials for the cabinet area are plywood, cedar, and PVC.
When choosing the best material, consider the following elements;
Other significant features you need to consider when choosing a bathroom vanity include the person or people who are going to use the vanity. This will help you determine whether you need one or two sinks, and the materials as well.